• Administrator
  •  

MLB 4/7

Sports Handicapping and Free Sports Picks. Post your plays here. Free NFL,NBA,College Football and Basketball Picks!

Moderators: theone1324, Kenny981

bigwinner
MLB 4/7

Post by bigwinner »

NYY ML (-144)

Going on a bit of a cold streak the last two days (4-7) after starting the beginning of April with a 12-3 start. Lots of bad breaks yesterday to include the EPIC D-Backs collapse.

As for Sunday’s picks, I’m looking at the Yankees to carry that offense into the afternoon. I’m doubling down on both the money line and run line for the Phillies as Sanchez is the better pitcher in this matchup. While I did pick the A’s yesterday, I expect the Tigers to win Sunday. Blackburn is going to be the lone bright spot for a horrendous A’s team. I expect the Tigers offense to come alive, and give Flaherty the run support against Boyle who got schlacked during his 2.2IP in his last start.

PHI ML (-158)
PHI RL (+104)
DET RL (+122)

bigwinner
Re: MLB 4/7

Post by bigwinner »

Athletics/Tigers Under 8.5 -122

In this game we have Boyle against Flaherty Boyle in his limited sample size actually faced the Tigers last year in a september call up and owned them: 6 IP 5 hits, 0 runs, 1 walk, 6 K's. This seems like a great spot for Boyle to bounce back here after his atrocious first start of the year. BUT. If you watched that game then you'll see that the Athletics committed 5 ERRORS in the 3rd inning which absolutely contributed to Boyle having a terrible game. I don't think the defense will play that poorly behind him this time, especially since the Redsox lineup is way better then the Tigers. Flaherty on the other hand, has never faced the Athletics. So even if he gets into a little bit of trouble, Tigers have all their high-leverage bullpen arms available.

In their last 5 games, Tigers bullpen is ranked 6th best in baseball with a 2.45 ERA and a 1.08 WHIP which ranks 5th best. Athletics bullpen last 5 games actually has a 3.52 ERA which ranks 12 best and a WHIP which actually ranks 9th worst at 1.33 but their finding ways to get hitters out.

The Tigers over their last 5 games are batting just .204 8th worst in baseball. The Athletics lineup over their last 5 games are doing even worse at .199 ranking them 6th worst.

And we don't have to worry about the later innings either because both bullpens are way WAY better than the Rays & Rockies plus the Athletics after the 5th inning are batting just .139. The Tigers are doing a little better at .245 clip.

Over the Athletics last 4 games, they've actually only committed 2 errors on defense. The 5th game was with Boyle starting against the Redsox so you take away that Boyle start and they've actually cleaned up defensively.

Lastly the wind is blowing SE but not that hard. Only at 8.9 mph.